Class is now on the Cloud
As many of you will know, Infospeed has been working very hard to move Class onto the Cloud. We are now delighted to be welcoming new customers and existing customers onto our new multi-tenancy cloud platform – Class Cloud.
Class Cloud will look and feel exactly like your current version of Class. The SQL Server database also remains the same so the transition from .NET to Class Cloud is seamless. We simply move it onto a cloud platform.
The many benefits of Class Cloud
Class Cloud is now available for all customers. This gives you access to Class through the web on our SQL Server database, a hosted multi-tenancy solution. The Class product, database and documents are hosted by us on our cloud infrastructure. This gives you:
Low technical overhead
- No need to purchase, maintain or update in-house servers for Class.
- No need for separate server software and hardware packages.
- Since the system is cloud-based, you can access it from anywhere.
- Class is available on multiple platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, iPhone and Android.
- Easier 3rd party module integration (e.g. Flywire and Guided E-Learning).
- Class hosting includes your cloud server space and software, server support (IT), backups, redundancy and antivirus.
- All updates are now performed by Infospeed, saving you time and money.
- For certain contracts it is now also possible to set up monthly payments. If you wish to discuss this please contact email@example.com.
- If you pay annually and want to amend your renewal date to a better time of year, we can also change this for you.
- We provide support for your Class set up (including 3-tier Backups, Antivirus, Software Installation, Security).
- Excellent support package and access to our dedicated support team.
- If you’re on the Cloud, that means you will be ready for Class Web when we start releasing it later this year.
How do I make the move to Class Cloud?
Most schools can make the full transition from Class.net to Class Cloud in 6 to 8 weeks. This can be completed sooner subject to receiving all of the necessary access to test and set up the system.
If you have an existing integration with a CRM, accounting system or any other third party system please discuss this with us. We will happily assist you to integrate with such platforms.
The first step is to contact us to discuss any technical questions with our Engineering and Sales teams:
- We will help make sure that your Internet speed is sufficient by giving you our white paper on “How to Test and Improve your Internet Connectivity”.
- Our Engineering team and your IT team will need to agree on detailed technical requirements and any technical considerations relating to your current set up.
- Then, we will give you a quote you for any additional hosting and infrastructure charges.
Following confirmation that you wish to proceed, here’s what you can expect:
- You will receive a new Application Service Provider Agreement including Terms, Conditions and SLA’s. This robust document outlines the responsibilities, protections and regulations around Cloud Hosting and Data Storage. We are happy to guide you through this document.
- We will agree on a transfer date to move you to our multi-tenancy server platform and give you web access to this with the correct number of users and modules.
- Our engineering team will then put in place the IT infrastructure (server setup, security and licences and document templates, configure your backups).
- We will also give you instructions on how to access this from your desktop.
- Then we will get you up and running on the cloud (usually within an hour or so and this can be done out of hours.)
Technical requirements for running your school’s administrative system on the cloud
We’ve outlined the technical specifications for you and your IT manager to run through as you get started on Class Cloud.
Need a helping hand?
Most users who are familiar with Class.net won’t need training on Class Cloud since the front-end experience is the same. However, if you would like to receive some guidance, we can send you a brief overview of how Class Cloud works.
You can also access the Customer login area of the site for a wealth of training videos and documents.
We are also here any time to help you.