Subscribing to Class Cloud
Class Cloud is a subscription-based system.
Your annual licence to Class includes the following:
- 1 year access to Class Cloud.
- Hosting of Class database on the Cloud.
- Full product support (from our dedicated Support Team).
- Access to our online training and getting started materials.
- Standard annual version upgrades (major updates may incur additional charges).
- Full backups/resilience/security for your Class data and server.
Pricing for Class Cloud is determined by how many users you have online at any one time (concurrent users) and the number of Modules you include in your package.
Number of Users
There are three possible user numbers that need to be considered:
- ADMIN USERS – How many concurrent admin users you wish to have. Note that you can add summer users to cover your peak periods for just a few months of the year (these will be charged pro-rata) so your standard user number need only cover your year-round requirements.
- TEACHER PORTAL USERS – How many Teacher Users might need to log into our Teacher Portal to add information such as attendance. Again this is concurrent so you wont need one per teacher. Instead, you just need enough licences to cover your peak periods. Teacher portal licences are very low cost as they have very limited access to Class features.
- CLASS SENSE USERS – If you add our optional Class Sense business intelligence reporting module, then this also has a separate subscription user number which is different from your admin users. You might want just a few members of the management and sales management team to have access to this business intelligence reporting tool.
- The main features of Class Cloud for running your school are contained within the Core Module.
- However a number of additional modules are available with features such as the Ledger, Timetabling, or Agent Room Allocations. Visit our Modules page to see all of the available modules.
Additional costs when setting up Class
- Data Imports – It is possible to import student, agent and homestay provider data into Class. You can import agent and student data yourself later on if you wish. However if you want to import homestay provider information or you want us to arrange the import, there will be a charge. We supply you with a CSV file to import the data.
- Installation – There is a one-off installation charge for Class Cloud. This is to set up your database and to establish that database on our cloud server infrastructure.
- Class Online Toolkit (COT) – If you choose this module, there also will be some consultancy required to tailor make and brand your COT templates.
Additional training and consultancy
Training is provided online, however we are happy to provide on-site training and consultancy too.
- With each module of Class, you will need to take a minimum (mandatory) period of training which is essential to ensure that you are using Class to its full extent and most efficiently. This will be included in your final quote for the system.
- You may opt to purchase additional training. We offer discounted training packages of 10 hours.
- We have a full training schedule which we will go through to ensure that you are confident in using all of the modules of Class that you have purchased.
- Any unused training is simply banked and you can use this at a later date as staff training requirements occur.
- Training is usually carried out on the Internet via online screen sharing.
- Onsite training is also available should you need intense training (e.g. for new staff).
What is the next step?
To learn more about what to expect, see our handy visual overview of how to get started with Class.
To be sure your system is ready, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request our white paper on how to test and improve your Internet connectivity.
Or simply get in touch and we will schedule a free online demo to guide you through the process.
How can I pay?
Payments are made in Sterling to our UK bank account. Details can be obtained from email@example.com.
For UK customers, we work with Go Cardless for monthly payments of your subscription (please note, this incurs a 2.5% surcharge).
For non-UK customers, our preferred method of payment is via Flywire.
If you would like to move your subscription date to a date which suits your incoming revenue streams, then please contact us and we will be happy to do so.