What is Infospeed? What is Class?
Infospeed Ltd. is a UK-based company which began in 1981. Class Systems is its most popular product, which was launched in 1989.
Class is a school administration system designed specifically for language and training schools. It is a modular system that operates on an SQL Server database.
Class is designed to cover the entire experience of students from the time they enquire through to their departure. The following top level areas are covered by Class:
- Agents/ETO’s (Educational Training Office)
- Homestay Accommodation and Payments
- Invoicing and Sales Ledger Accounting
- Classing, Courses, Timetabling, Attendance, Progress, Assessments
- Reporting, Statistics and Lists
What does the annual subscription cover?
The Class Cloud subscription covers:
- 1 year access to Class Cloud
- Hosting of Class database on the cloud
- Full product support (from our dedicated support team)
- Access to our online training and getting started materials
- Standard annual version upgrades (major updates may incur additional charges)
- IT and connected support for Class
- Full backups/resilience/security for your Class data on the server
Can we import our current data into Class?
Class can import “static data”, by which we mean any personal, address and additional details for students, agents and accommodation providers.
Unfortunately, we cannot bring across existing bookings or enrolments, however, we could put some of this booking information into the many spare ‘notes’ fields within Class. Anything that is currently Access or Excel based we will be able to import into Class for you, even items such as ‘Agent Preferences’. Please note we also cannot import an accounting management system like QuickBooks or Sage.
If you decide that you’d like us to import your current data for you, this would occur prior to installation and we would send you three straightforward Excel documents to complete and return with the information you’d like brought across from your current system(s) into Class.
How long from the moment we order Class until we are up and running?
Typically, from the day you decide to subscribe to Class, we would be able to get you up and running within a month. We like to run an Internet speed test from your school site and once this is done we simply need to set you up on our cloud infrastructure.
Once you have been invoiced, we await a 30% deposit, then book in the installation on a date which suits your team. Finally, we organise any online or onsite training that you have opted for. After the first few training sessions have been completed, we will ask for the remaining balance.
We ensure that there is constant communication between yourselves and our teams to make sure the process runs smoothly.
For a visual overview of what to expect, see our infographic showing you a step by step process of how to get started.
Can we add or remove modules or the number of users whenever we want?
Yes! Simply let us know which modules or how many users you’d like to increase or decrease by and we will send you a quote. Figures will be pro-ratted against your current contract to ensure a fair deal.
If you require additional users in the busy summer period only, then just let us know and we will work out a quote for you. We’ll connect the extra users on your preferred date, and then disconnect them again on the day that you’d like them to be removed.
What are concurrent users?
You can have as many staff with usernames and passwords as you like. However only X-number of users will be able to log in at the same time. This is the main number of users you need to decide ahead of purchasing Class.
How many users will I need?
Just as an example, a small, single-site school might need four users in total, or one user for each of the following roles:
- Registrar / Booking
- Accounts / Finance
- Director of Studies
All four people might be logged into the system all day. However when they log out, your other staff and assistants could login to perform tasks or run stats when it’s quieter on the system. Keep in mind that in this case, staff would need to share their login details with other staff.
You can always add more users very quickly and easily. We are happy to advise on this during the setup process.
Why do I need a different number of Teacher Portal users?
The Teacher Portal module is a separate application to Class and in this module, teachers users enter attendance, absence and assessments, as well as view basic student and class information on a computer in the classroom.
Teachers Portal users are therefore licensed separately to Class users.
What are the benefits of Class Cloud?
There are many benefits to Class Cloud, including:
- The Class.NET product is hosted by Infospeed, therefore your IT costs are reduced.
- You no longer have to purchase, maintain and update your in-house servers for Class.
- Enjoy a reduced technical overhead:
- There is NO need for separate software and hardware packages.
- We provide support for your Class.NET set up (including backups, antivirus, software installation, security).
- You’ll get a 3-tier back-up of Class.
- You will be Class Web-ready, meaning you will have access to Class Web when iterative releases commence in the near future.
- The Cloud is available on multiple platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, iPhone and Android.
- Get speedier access to support your database should you require assistance.
- The Cloud gives you easier 3rd party module integration (for example with Flywire and Guided E-Learning).
- Cloud customers also enjoy easier integration with our online booking system (Class Online Toolkit).
Is Class Cloud and Class Web the same thing?
Class Cloud is cloud-based (therefore hosted by us) version of Class.NET.
Class Web will have the same functionality as Class.NET but will have a brand new look and feel.
Class Web is being developed now and will be coming soon to all customers who are already on Class Cloud, so if you are an existing customer, it’s important to make sure you transition now to Class Cloud if you want to be able to access Class Web.
All new customers are automatically set up on the cloud.
Is Class Cloud compatible with Apple Mac?
I’m an existing customer. How do I move from my current setup to Class Cloud?
Each customer transition will be slightly different in nature depending on if you are building from scratch, transferring from an old system, or migrating from your current cloud-based solutions.
There are no technical prerequisites in moving to Class Cloud except that you need an internet connection with acceptable latency levels. Our engineers will perform a speed and latency test to ensure that when using Class Cloud you don’t receive a ‘slow’ feeling clicking on the various buttons and functions. Once this has been completed, we will liaise with you to discuss timelines and what to expect from the process of moving to Class Cloud.
Can Class link to other external systems we use?
We are currently working on the general interfacing capabilities of Class. We have built many custom links for our clients to CRM/ERP systems and we are happy to discuss your individual requirements with you.
We do currently have a Class/Flywire (international payment collection system) link and a Class/GEL (student services portal) link and of course you can link your website bookings to Class via our Online Toolkit.