The Malta Government are introducing a new bed tax effective effective from 1st June 2016.
What we know about this:
- All persons to be charged €0.50 per accommodation night
- Charge to be exempt from VAT
- Persons under 18 to be exempt
- Persons staying more than 10 nights to have charge capped at a total of €5 per CONTINOUS stay
- Reporting over periods in the year to aggregate and show calculated totals to be passed on to government
To set up and use the bed tax within Class.
There is a helpsheet (no.HS237) which covers this. Please click on the following link to view or download helpsheet – HS237 Accommodation – Malta Bed Tax.docx