Dear Class Cloud customer,
On 7th December at 10:00pm UTC, we are upgrading our Class Cloud Platform to version 8.5.0. Below we outline some important items you need to be aware of for the change this weekend.
How long will this take?
We anticipate this will take between 2 to 4 hours to complete. Throughout this maintenance window, Class will not be available.
Important changes to Class you should be aware of!
Please be aware that all users will be asked to change their password when they login. This is to increase the strength of passwords in preparation for accessing Class Web.
Below are the most important changes we have made:
- Password Strength changes – GDPR
This release of Class.NET introduces increased security measures to secure your data – an issue that is very important in the new world of GDPR regulations. With Class becoming increasingly accessed via Class Web, security is no longer an optional requirement. As such, from this release onwards all Class users will have to log on to the system (no matter what version) with a strong password. The password must be at least 12 characters long and include a capital letter, a number and a symbol.
We have also introduced features to make using strong passwords easier. These are:
1) Like Windows 10, you can now peek your password on login to make sure its correct.
2) When changing your password Class allows you to optionally generate easy to remember strong passwords.
3) If your password is weak Class will ask you to change it the first time you log in.
If you experience problems (e.g. accessing reporting for the first time), please log out and log back in again. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Portal – GDPR
Currently within the Teacher Portal the teachers can see information regarding a student’s title, age, gender, nationality and birthday. These fields are personal information about a student that a teacher does not require. As part of the GDPR we have provided the ability to hide this information from view in the Teacher Portal.
- Quick Reports – we have increased the screen size so that it’s easier to see the report criteria/results.
- Batch Process of Timetables – we have increased the speed of the “Batch Timetable Production – Students”. The system now also provides a report that lists all timetables and their status (i.e. printed, emailed, error etc.)
- Host Family BACS Payment File – we have added a new Bank of Ireland BACS file template.
- Flywire Payments – we have fixed an issue where the Control Totals report was ignoring Flywire payments if they were received on the last day of the month.
- Group Holiday – we have fixed an issue where users were unable to add holidays to group bookings.
For a full list of changes contained within Class 8.5.0, please see the release notes which will be available on our website under the “Customer Login” section or from email@example.com on Monday.
Should you have any questions regarding this upgrade, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Regards from the Infospeed Team